BHOOMITHRA SENA CLUB
Addressing environmental issues is a multidisciplinary task and for its objective accomplishment, a strong action on awareness building is essential. If taken up at the cutting edge levels, it helps in changing the attitude of the society. For attaining this objective, it is appropriate to exploit the enormous manpower available with the students because they form the most important community having influence both in the family and in the society and also devoid of any vested interests. The central programme ‘National Green Corps’ is being pursued at college level eco-club. For strengthening the environmental commitment of students at college level in the State, Directorate of Environment & Climate Change (DoECC) has launched the ‘Bhoo Mithra Sena’ programme. Through this programme, it is intended to establish Bhoo Mithra Sena Clubs (BMCs) in all districts through the colleges of the State. Now it is extended to Higher Secondary Schools in the State as well.
- To develop responsible attitude and commitment in students to the environment, both at home and community.
- To encourage the students to appreciate environment and environmental issues of the locality
- To provide environmental education opportunities for students and involve them in addressing environmental issues of the locality
- To utilize the enormous manpower available with students as conduits for awareness of the society
- To make students practice and advocate sustainable lifestyles
- To improve the overall environmental quality of the institution.