Register A Complaint
The college has a vigilant anti-ragging committee headed by the Head of the institution and consists of representatives of faculty members, PTA executive committee members, students belonging to the fresher category as well as seniors and non-teaching staff. The committee takes measures to repeatedly remind students of the consequences of ragging and ensures that parents and newly admitted students are made aware of their rights. Anti-ragging committee is bound to prevent ragging and to take anti-ragging measures as per the guidelines issued by the Supreme Court of India and UGC. The guidelines warn that whenever a criminal offence is committed in the name of ragging whether within the college campus or in hostel, the Principal or the warden shall report it to the nearest police station and not wait until a complaint in this regard is received from the person affected and disciplinary action will also be taken against the offender. The college-level punishment in cases of ragging as per UGC directives includes one or more of the following;
1. Suspension from attending classes or academic privileges
2. Withholding or withdrawing scholarship or fellowship and other benefits.
3. Debarring from appearing in any test for examination or other evaluation process.
4. Withholding of result.
5. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
6. Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
7. Cancellation of admission.
8. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for specific periods.